One of the latest tools to prevent injury to athletes is a customized mouth guard called Under Armour Performance Mouthwear™. Athletes in all fields want to perform at their best. And now, newer technology can help.
Why UA Performance Mouthwear Works
When you compete or train in an athletic event, the natural reaction is to clench your jaw. This compresses the temporomandibular joint (TMJ), and this causes hormones, such as cortisol, to release and inhibit performance. This causes stress, fatigue, and distraction when you want to concentrate.
UA Performance Mouthwear moves your jaw forward and prevents clenching, which releases pressure on the TMJ. Excess hormones that sap strength are not as produced as quickly as they would be without the mouthwear. In fact, clinical trials show users have:
- Increased endurance due to enlarging the airway opening
- Reduced lactic acid buildup by 25%
- Increased strength by nearly 20% due to better airflow
- Reduced G-force impact from blows to the jaw by 20%
- Reduced levels of cortisol to reduce stress and improve performance
- Quickened reaction time and improved response to visual and auditory cues
Types of UA Performance Mouthwear:
- UA Performance Mouthguard – worn for comfort and protection in contact sports
- UA Performance Mouthpiece – worn on the lower teeth and designed for comfort and fit for non-contact sports such as long distance running and golf
- UA Performance Alloy Mouthpiece – strong and durable and worn on the lower teeth for all athletes
Any type of athlete can benefit from UA Performance Mouthwear. All three types of mouthwear are fitted by Dr. McLaughlin and Dr. Nelson at their office and then sent to the UA lab to be made. It is then sent back to Dental Touch Associates for a final fitting.
If you are an athlete in the Cedar Rapids or Marion, Iowa area, please contact experienced neuromuscular dentists Dr. McLaughlin and Dr. Nelson to be fitted for your custom-fitted UA Performance Mouthwear today.