Vertical Bar

Bad Breath? Try Tongue Scraping

added on: September 3, 2015

Tongue scraping sounds unpleasant – perhaps even painful – but it is actually a proven way to remove volatile sulfuric compounds (VSCs) from the tongue and help fight chronic bad breath. VSCs have been identified as a major source of bad breath and brushing alone only removes around 40% of them. Tongue scraping has been shown to remove an additional 45%, allowing for a combined 85% of these compounds to be removed and the breath to be fresher as a result.

There are a number of additions that can be made to your daily oral health routine to improve the health and appearance of your mouth. Call Cedar Rapids dentist Dr. Blaine McLaughlin at 319-373-5082 to learn more.

Advanced Daily Oral Care

Advanced daily care can optimize your oral health. Try brushing after every meal, flossing both morning and night, and using a tongue scraper twice daily to combat bad breath and keep your teeth and gum healthy. And don’t forget biannual visits to our Marion office for professional cleanings and targeted treatments.

If you are overdue for a cleaning and examination, please contact Dental Touch Associates today. Located in Marion, we welcome patients from Cedar Rapids and all surrounding Iowa communities.