ATHLETIC MOUTHGUARDS IN CEDAR RAPIDS
One of the latest tools to prevent injury to athletes is a customized mouth guard called Under Armour Performance Mouthwear™. Athletes in all fields want to perform at their best. And now, newer technology can help.
Why UA Performance Mouthwear Works
When you compete or train in an athletic event, the natural reaction is to clench your jaw. This compresses the temporomandibular joint (TMJ), and this causes hormones, such as cortisol, to release and inhibit performance. This causes stress, fatigue, and distraction when you want to concentrate.
UA Performance Mouthwear moves your jaw forward and prevents clenching, which releases pressure on the TMJ. Excess hormones that sap strength are not as produced as quickly as they would be without the mouthwear. In fact, clinical trials show users have:
- Increased endurance due to enlarging the airway opening
- Reduced lactic acid buildup by 25%
- Increased strength by nearly 20% due to better airflow
- Reduced G-force impact from blows to the jaw by 20%
- Reduced levels of cortisol to reduce stress and improve performance
- Quickened reaction time and improved response to visual and auditory cues
Types of UA Performance Mouthwear:
- UA Performance Mouthguard – worn for comfort and protection in contact sports
- UA Performance Mouthpiece – worn on the lower teeth and designed for comfort and fit for non-contact sports such as long distance running and golf
- UA Performance Alloy Mouthpiece – strong and durable and worn on the lower teeth for all athletes
Any type of athlete can benefit from UA Performance Mouthwear. All three types of mouthwear are fitted by Dr. McLaughlin and Dr. Mueller at their office and then sent to the UA lab to be made. It is then sent back to Dental Touch Associates for a final fitting.
If you are an athlete in the Cedar Rapids or Marion, Iowa area, please contact experienced neuromuscular dentists Dr. McLaughlin and Dr. Mueller to be fitted for your custom-fitted UA Performance Mouthwear today.
FANTASTIC! They helped my 2 month old with his tongue, lip, cheek ties, and immediately made a huge difference in all the areas he was struggling. He is even happier and far less fussy- he’s finally slept good for the first time in his short 11 weeks of life! Couldn’t be happier I was referred to them, and for their help with my little guy!
This is a great dental office. Everyone is very friendly and professional. They take the time to explain everything and don’t make me feel rushed when I have questions. Dr. Nelson and her team get an A+.
This was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had at the dentist or doctor. I haven’t been to the dentist in 7 years, largely due to a bad experience. Haley (hygienist) was super knowledgeable, friendly, and answered all of my questions. She even helped me develop a plan to get my dental health where it needs to be in the future. Blaine (dentist) was friendly and knowledgeable as well! I highly recommend this office. I never thought I would be happy walking out of a dentist office. Thank You Dental Touch!